From Suntory's mountain distillery, nestled deep in the forests of Mt. Kaikomagatake, Hakushu is the herbal and gently smoky single malt. Straight from the untouched forests, mountains, pure waters of the Southern Japanese Alps, it is no wonder that Hakushu is a "green and fresh" whisky, praised by the most curious whisky connoisseurs and lovers of gastronomy. Its crisp and vibrant feel, unique in a single malt, enlivens and liberates your senses.
- Both lightly-peated and heavily-peated malts were used for this complex and deeply enjoyable whisky. One of two Spring 2014 release from Suntory.
- Nose: The herbs are very upfront with this one. Peppermint, pine and pleasant grassy notes. Cucumber and melon round out the nose.
- Palate: All the notes on the nose swim effortlessly through the palate, the mint developing sweeter notes as it goes on. Citrus zest also pops in to say hello.
- Finish: A waft of smoke appears during the long finish.
- Overall: This shall make a fantastic Highball.