A sugar cube soaked in biters, a shot of whiskey, and an orange peel; creating an impressive old-fashioned cocktail is that easy.
- 1 sugar cube (crushed)
- 2 to 3 Angostura Bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whisky
- 1 orange slice
- garnish with maraschino cherry (optional)
- garnish with orange peel
- club soda
Steps to Make It
- In an old-fashioned glass, place the sugar cube and crush it, then saturate it with bitters. Add an orange slice, if you like.
- fill the glass with ice (not so much)
- add the whisky orr bourbon in. stir it well. finish it off with a splash of club soda if you prefer
- garnish with orange peel and cherry(optional)
- serve and enjoy!